Sunday, March 8, 2009

Paramedic Class

Today (Sunday) was a great day for me. The day began with me assisting with skills check-offs for the local paramedic program. I am not a morning person, so I struggled initially; however, it was a very rewarding and worthwhile experience. So many people in the EMS field fuss about the quality of EMTs and Paramedics being placed on the streets, but they do nothing about it. I enjoyed helping these folks out and more than anything, love waching their eyes light up when they start their first IV or give their first injection.

I make no bones about the fact that I think at times my EMS days are over. I've come to realize that this isn't about me - it's about the others. My purpose for continuing in EMS is help others and give them what I was given by so many awesome mentors early in my EMS career.

I have little desire to learn new material or read the newest version of the paramedic text, but I do have the desire to impart street smarts on every student with whom I come into contact. I enjoy teaching the "tricks of the trade" and helpful hints that will take them far in their careers. I can honestly say, I got as much out of working with them today as I hope they got out of being there with me. I've been so NON-motviated as of late with regards to EMS. Today made me feel better and reflect with fond thoughts, the help given to me by seasoned paramedics when I began my career.

1 comment:

  1. Paramedic classes is so compulsory for attaining a good opportunity for emergency treatment solution.

    paramedics

    ReplyDelete