Sunday, March 22, 2009

Heroes


Here are a few photos of EMS heroes of mine. Among them is my father who served citizens of our town with over 20 years of combined Rescue/EMS and Fire service.





This is Grady. He was an EMS pioneer, and later worked until retirement as a dispatcher of ours at the local police department. Notice the original Minitor pager - not the Minitor I, but the Minitor (the version before the square brick, this one had rounded edges and had no monitor function - it wouldu squelch until reset). Grady always started his broadcast with, "Attention Clayton Rescue Monitors go 10-8"



Marvin Parrish was my first Chief. He continues to serve our squad with over 20 years of service.


David Eatman and David Edwards were EMS Education pioneers in our County. The most prestigious EMS award given in our County is in their name.



My father and Art treating a patient from the motorcycle races.




Jerry, Eunice, Danny and Steve - the best of the 80's at Clayton Rescue





I consider this to be one of my favorite photos. It is of a husband and wife team, working together, sharing a passion for helping the community. I think all many of us could ever want would be to save lives along side the one you love and share the same passion for helping people.






Another two photos of my father in action.













1 comment:

  1. I am crushed, cause I just knew that I was one of your heroes.. Joking, JT..I remember the days of the David/David team..They were the ones that taught almost ALL of us in the good old days, everything we knew about EMS...

    ReplyDelete