Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fire tonight

So tonight before I could leave the office to come home, we got called to respond just up the street a bit to a structure fire. I was most impressed with how our local fire department (Clayton) conducted themselves tonight. It was a first rate operation, with a well orchestrated command team. I am most impressed that at any moment, the incident commander can tell you where anyone is on that scene, including the EMS personnel. This is something you can't find everywhere. I'm proud to work alongside our brothers at the CFD and am so proud of their accomplishments. I grew up in the Clayton Fire Department with my father serving 2o years between EMS and Fire service in Clayton. I've been around emergency services my entire life - seriously. I can honestly say, I'm the proudest that I've ever been of our Fire Department and our EMS System. I've watched it grow up just as its watched me grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment