Friday, July 27, 2012

New Website! www.jocofire.com

I hope this blog post finds everyone doing well.  I wanted to take some time today to let you know about my new website.  I have been working very hard over the last few weeks to develop a comprehensive website that covers Emergency Services in Johnston County.  The site is www.jocofire.com and I developed it with the hopes that it is somewhere that all Police, Fire and EMS folks in Johnston County want to visit EVERYDAY to get updates and see new photos of their departments in action and not in action. 

I have my camera with me at all times now and intend to take as many photos as possible with the focus being on personnel and apparatus.  One of my biggest regrets in the last 20 years of my career in 911 and EMS is that I have very few photos.  I especially lack photos from the 90's.  I wish I had a picture of EVERY ambulance I ever rode on, every police officer that worked with us, every partner I ever had on the EMS unit and every Fire Engine that responded with us.  I have had the honor of riding on some awesome and not-so-awesome pieces of apparatus and wish I had a photo of the extierior and interior of each.  I also wish I had photos of some of our equipment as well. 

I hope you all will visit my site, and visit it regularly!  I also hope each of you will dig through your old files, records and drawers and find me photos!! No matter how insignificant the photos are, I would love to have them if they involve any type of emergency service in Johnston County or one of our mutual aid departments.  I especially would love to have photos of JAS, Midsouth, Metro and the Lion's Club Ambulance Service of Smithfield.  I also want to collect histories and apparatus rosters from each department that currently operates in Johnston County.  I have a brand new vest with "Photographer" on the back and I hope to see you at your incident scene soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment