Thursday, March 19, 2009

Knee Update

So I went to Raleigh Orthopaedic yesterday. You know how I don't like to go to doctors because I'm always afraid of the "bad news" that I've seen so many people get. Well, I got good news. I was x-rayed all over (both knees and my elbow) and NOTHING is broken. I found out that my knee caps have always been abnormally lateral (out to the side) and not midline like most peoples. The doctor said taht he is surprised that I've not had dislocations before. He presecribed some physical therapy to strenthen the muscles on the medial (inside) part of my knee to help keep those kneecaps from rotating outward again. I do still have a lot of fluid on them, but we're also working to get that off.

So, wow, a good report overall. I was really scared that I had permanently messed something up. Work was again QUIET last night and I am off to bed now so I can get up and do it again.

JT

No comments:

Post a Comment